La Poe (Let's All Protect Our Environment) - vintage, used (or reclaimed) purses as a way of recycling our resources. Purses sold through La Poe include a message of environmental consciousness and will include a small pouch of plant seed to encourage replenishment for our earth.

Monday, January 26, 2009

The Angelina Black Matte


Yesterday, my daughter and I sat in the lobby of Goodyear, waiting patiently for someone to look at my car and find out why it has not passed smog. We watched a little basketball on their television set, and did a little reading before we decided to leave and find something to eat. Earlier we made a mad dash out of the house that morning without eating, to make sure we wouldn’t take up our whole day getting the car serviced.

When we got back from lunch, a woman sat at the far end of the leather couch in the lobby watching a commercial. We exchanged smiles as I sat at the other end of the couch. Then I turned to her and said, “I bet they still have it on basketball don’t they.” She laughed and confirmed.

I glanced over at her handbag, as this has become a habit for me to do, and noticed the woman’s very bland looking black purse. I offered her some better reading material than what was available on the coffee table and stuck my nose in my own book. I thought to myself, I should give her a business card before I leave.

Later, I thought that this Angelina Black Matte bag would have been perfect for her. It doesn’t have too many frills, but it is still sophisticated and of good quality – perfect for an “everyday” bag. I forgot to give her the card, so hopefully she read the sign on the side of my car, or will be told about us by one of her friends.

Which reminds me, please tell someone about us!

No comments: