La Poe (Let's All Protect Our Environment) - vintage, used (or reclaimed) purses as a way of recycling our resources. Purses sold through La Poe include a message of environmental consciousness and will include a small pouch of plant seed to encourage replenishment for our earth.

Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Valentine's - About Texture This Year


Who decided that Valentine’s day means red and pink? Well I say this year, for me, the theme of the day is not at all about the color, but about the textures. Yes, textures. Plural. No mono-textural element can define me as a person, nor should it define my outfits, or accessories.

This Valentine’s Day is about satin. I doubt I’ll have the opportunity to see my own Valentine, because he lives on the East Coast, and I’m out here on the West, but maybe I’ll get gussied up anyway, mix in a little satin-sumpin’ – sumpin’ and take my daughter out for dinner. Or maybe mocktini’s at home with a romantic tear-jerker. Not sure if I’ll actually need to even use a purse yet for V Day.

My untraditional pick for this Valentine’s Day is this kick-tail-I’m-still-a-woman handbag that reminds me of a female military spy in espadrilles and Channel perfume. It’s olive green utilitarian cotton is a textural contrast to the satin bow in the front and to me, reflects the multiple sides of a complex woman.

Valentine’s Day is about the love, right? Not of only one aspect, but the complete package! Of course this is only one option.

This Bongo Satin Bow bag is at www.lapoebags.info for $17. Let me know what you think of it.

No comments: